detachments, bylaws, devil dogs, auxiliary,
Parked here is the latest information that National has released. It's important that you read the contents on this page as it applies to rules and or regulations that have been put in place and must be followed. 
It is also important that the word is put out to all members who must be informed about the changes to the rules set by National. 
National  Covers  Rules download
Proposed Changes 2016
By-Laws 2016
MCL Covers

National By-Laws Changes 2016

New Address

Marine Corps League National Headquarters 3619 Jefferson Davis Highway Suite 115  Stafford VA  22554   

VA is trying to find Veterans who participated in full-body testing of mustard gas or Lewisite during World War II. For those organizations that serve the older Veteran, your assistance in getting the word out is very important. We have reached all of the Veterans that we are aware of and would like your help to find any others who may be out there. Below is some language that you can share on social media:

VA has established a presumption of service connection to WWII Veterans who participated in full body mustard gas or Lewisite
testing in the 1940s at 22 locations.  Those with previously denied claims please call (800) 827-1000.

Also feel free to reprint or distribute a link to the following blog that gives more information:

SUBJECT: Tax Refunds Available for Certain Veterans that Received Disability Severance Payments since 1991
PURPOSE: To provide information on the DoD’s efforts to notify identified Veterans about their ability to seek a tax refund for overpayments of tax on their Disability Severance Pay (DSP), in accordance with the Combat Injured Veterans Tax Fairness Act of 2016 (CIVTFA).
BACKGROUND: In accordance with tax law, DSP is not taxable if either: 1) the DSP paid for combat-related injuries determined by the Service at separation or; 2) the Veteran is eligible for disability compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The CIVTFA required the DoD to identify any Veterans that received DSP since January 17, 1991 who had tax withholdings applied to their DSP and notify the identified Veterans on how to claim a tax refund for their overpayment of tax on DSP.
• Since the enactment of the CIVTFA on December 16, 2016, the DoD has identified more than 130,000 Veterans whose DSP was taxed that may be eligible for a tax refund attributable to their DSP.
• Starting on July 9, 2018, the DoD will start individually notifying the identified Veterans by letter through the US Postal Service. The DoD letter will be mailed per the following schedule:
• The identified Veterans will have one year from the date of the DoD notification letter to file for their refund, or three years since filing their tax return that reported their DSP, whichever is later.
• The DoD letter includes instructions, approved by the IRS, for Veterans to follow in order to receive their refund.
o Veterans can submit a claim based upon their actual DSP by completing an amended tax return on Form 1040X.
o However, the IRS has approved a simplified method by which Veterans can claim a standard refund amount on Form 1040X based upon when they received DSP.
 $1,750 for tax years 1991 – 2005
 $2,400 for tax years 2006 – 2010
 $3,200 for tax years 2011 – 2016
o Claiming the standard refund amount is the easiest way for Veterans to claim a refund, because they do not need to access the original tax return from the year they received DSP.

Eligible Veterans Can Seek Refund for Taxes on Disability Severance Payment

July 16. By Lisa Ferdinando, DoD News, Defense Media Activity
online at:

The Defense Department has identified more than 130,000 veterans who may be eligible for a refund for taxes paid on their disability severance payment, a DoD tax expert said.

Army Lt. Col. David Dulaney, the executive director for the Armed Forces Tax Council, said the department began mailing notices to veterans July 9.
The deadline to file for the refund is one year from the date of the Defense Department notice, or three years after the due date for filing the original return for the year the disability severance payment was made, or two years after the tax was paid for the year the disability severance payment was made, according to the IRS.

Affected veterans can submit a claim based on their actual disability severance payment by submitting to the IRS a completed Form 1040X, the Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, Dulaney said.
The IRS also has approved a simplified method for obtaining the refund, in which veterans can claim the standard refund amount on Form 1040X based on when they received the disability severance payment. Those standard refund amounts are $1,750 for tax years 1991 to 2005, $2,400 for tax years 2006 to 2010;, and $3,200 for tax years 2011 to 2016.

Dulaney pointed out the disability severance payment is not taxable or subject to federal income tax withholding for a veteran meeting either of these criteria:
-- The veteran has a combat-related injury or illness as determined by his or her military service at separation that resulted directly from armed conflict; took place while the member was engaged in extra-hazardous service; took place under conditions simulating war, including training exercises such as maneuvers; or was caused by an instrumentality of war.
-- The veteran is receiving disability compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs or has received notification from VA approving such compensation.

Combat-Injured Veterans Tax Fairness Act of 2016
However, many of the veterans had taxes withheld, Dulaney said. The Combat-Injured Veterans Tax Fairness Act of 2016 remedies that, he said. The act directed the secretary of defense to identify disability severance payments paid after Jan. 17, 1991, that were included as taxable income.
Even if a veteran did not receive a letter from the Defense Department, the individual may still be eligible for a refund. Dulaney recommends visiting the IRS website and searching “combat injured veterans” for further information.
Estates or surviving spouses can file a claim on behalf of a veteran who is now deceased, the IRS explains on its website.